Auckland War Memorial Museum is an important physical reminder of New Zealand’s proud military history
Both of the Museum stores stock a range of items that compliment and inform visitors on this poignant part of our history.
Books and Multimedia
In our Atrium shop we have a wide variety of books available, from the first New Zealand Wars and Maori weaponry to the more recent Vietnam and Korean conflicts. Including a range of children’s books dealing sensitively with the complex issues of war. Also available, James Belich’s DVD set, The New Zealand Wars, and an interactive kit on the Somme.
The foyer shop features a locally made range of lead New Zealand soldiers in correct military uniform. Including dynamic Maori warriors brandishing mere and taiaha, and Gallipoli soliders with their iconic lemon squeezer hat. A miniature replica of Caesar the Anzac Dog is also available. Caesar’s collar resides in the Armoury at the Museum.
We are open every day from 10am to 5pm except Christmas Day.
For enquiries please phone 09 309 2580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift wrapping is complimentary (by request)
- Shipping anywhere in New Zealand or overseas can be organised for you
- Corporate gifts - we’ll help you find the perfect gift for the right occasion
- Admission to the Museum is not necessary for visiting the Museum Shops
- Our stores are owned and operated by Auckland Museum with all proceeds supporting Museum operations.