- Henare Wiremu Taratoa : noble warrior / Patricia Brooks
DU424.1 BRO (Call Number)
- 9780473285456 EBook
"The life and times of a young New Zealander who in the 1840s adopted a European lifestyle. He was New Zealand's first overseas missionary, a teacher and a patriot who fought for his people and his country"--Back cover.
Prologue: Te Ranga, 21 June 1864
2. Henare Wiremu Taratoa
3. St John's College, Auckland
5. Shine as stars to lead your war party
6. Return to Tauranga
7. The troops arrive
8. The Battles at Pukehinahina (Gate Pa)
9. After Pukehinahina
10. Te Ranga, 21 June 1864
11. After Te Ranga.
68 pages : illustrations (some colour), facsimiles, maps, portraits ; 21 cm
- Ngai Te Rangi (New Zealand people)--Biography (General Subject)
- New Zealand--History--New Zealand Wars, 1860-1872 (General Subject)
- Ringa kaha (Maori Subject)
- Korero nehe (Maori Subject)
- Taratoa, Henare Wiremu, 1830?-1864 (General Subject)
- Rangatira (Maori Subject)
- Pakanga (Maori Subject)
- Korero taumata (Maori Subject)
Henare Wiremu Taratoa : noble warrior
Bibliography: pages 66-68.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.