- PH-CNEG-C10415 (Other Number)
- PH-1976-36-1-10 (Reference Number)
Portrait of an old Maori woman with moko on lips and chin. She is wrapped in a cloak with dark tags.
277 mm. x 234 mm.
- Ta moko (General Subject)
- Tattooing--New Zealand (General Subject)
- Maori (New Zealand people) in art (General Subject)
- MS 859 Jones, Gerald E. Scrapbook
- PH96/3 Als Jones Collection
- 1996.33.1 Writing desk, designed by Jones. Applied Arts
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Although no known copyright exists for this item, we ask that you treat it with respect. Please contact us to seek permission to reproduce this image. (Copyright)
- Request in Library (Access Notes)
Rangatire,Jones, Gerald Edgar, 1880-1963, photographer,1900s-1940s,PH-1976-36-1-10
"Rangatire" and Bromoil, Section Pictorial inscribed on reverse in pencil. Gerald E. Jones stamp on reverse, and E1/3 written in blue pencil.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.