- Dark journey / Glyn Harper
D547.N5 HAR (Call Number)
- 9781460750438 (paperback)
- 9780730492214 (e-book)
"This significant volume represents the culmination of over seven years' writing and research by esteemed military historian Glyn Harper. The book includes the revision and reissuing of his two earlier detailed histories of the New Zealand Divisions' major Western Front battles of World War One -- Massacre at Passchendaele (2000), Spring Offensive (2003) -- combined with a previously unpublished account of the third major battle of the Somme, at Bapaume, during which several VCs were awarded to New Zealand troops. Dark Journey presents the first comprehensive overview of New Zealand's involvement in World War One"--Publisher's information.
Massacre at Passchendaele
544 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 24 cm
- World War, 1914-1918--New Zealand (General Subject)
- Soldiers--New Zealand--History--20th century (General Subject)
- Ypres, 3rd Battle of, Ieper, Belgium, 1917 (General Subject)
- New Zealand. Army. Expeditionary Force (General Subject)
- Somme, 2nd Battle of the, France, 1918 (General Subject)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Passchendaele, the Somme and the New Zealand experience on the Western Front"--Front cover.
- First published in hardback in 2007.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.