- As it was : growing up in Grey Lynn and Ponsonby between the wars / Russell Stone
DU430.A8 (Call Number)
My beginnings -- In the shadow of the Gluepot -- My father's family -- My mother's family -- My father's war -- My family in the 1920s -- The time of the crowded house -- I learn to 'aim high' -- How I became Proficient -- Religion and youth groups -- 'A woman's work is never done!' -- 'It gets you out of the house' -- 'Ain't we got fun?' -- Going to the pictures -- Comics, annuals and books of that ilk -- Listening in -- Mens sana in corpore sano -- Peace and war -- The end of my beginnings.
240 pages : illustrations, facsimiles, portraits ; 24 cm
- Stone, R. C. J. (General Subject)
- Auckland (N.Z.) - History - 20th century (Geo Subject)
- Ponsonby (Auckland, N.Z.) - History (Geo Subject)
- Auckland (N.Z.) - Biography (Geo Subject)
- Auckland (N.Z.) - Social life and customs (Geo Subject)
- Grey Lynn (Auckland, N.Z.) - History (Geo Subject)
As it was : growing up in Grey Lynn and Ponsonby between the wars
Includes bibliographical references.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.