- Archaeology of the Solomon Islands / Richard Walter & Peter Sheppard
GN875.S575 WAL (Call Number)
"Archaeology of the Solomon Islands presents the outcome of 20 years research in the Solomon Islands undertaken jointly by Richard Walter and Peter Sheppard, both leaders in the field of Pacific archaeology. This fascinating and very readable book is written for an archaeological audience but is also designed to be accessible to all readers interested in Pacific archaeology, anthropology and history. Featuring more than a hundred maps and figures, Archaeology of the Solomon Islands represents a ground-breaking contribution to Pacific archaeology."--Publisher's information.
1. Background to the study of Solomon Islands archaeology and prehistory
2. Cultural geography of the Solomon Islands
3. A short history of archaeology in the Solomon Islands
4. The Pleistocene and mid-Holocene record
5. The Austronesian expansion
6. The last 1000 years
7. Regional prehistory in the western Solomons : process and history
194 pages : illustrations (some colour), maps ; 28 cm
- Archaeology--Solomon Islands (General Subject)
- Antiquities, Prehistoric--Solomon Islands (General Subject)
- Solomon Islands - Antiquities (Geo Subject)
Archaeology of the Solomon Islands
Includes bibliographical references (pages 168-181) and index.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.