- Auckland's remarkable urban forest / Mike D. Wilcox
SB435.6.A8 WIL (Call Number)
"[This book] provides a comprehensive account of the trees and forests of Auckland. It covers trees to be found in the parks, reserves, campuses, school grounds, cemeteries and historic homesteads of the city; public native bush reserves within the urban Auckland area; native revegetation projects undertaken by community groups; exotic woodlands; street trees; trees of suburban home gardens; notable trees; flowering trees; tree health, forest climbers weeds; utilisation and management of the urban forest."--Back cover.
1. Introduction -- 2. Native bush remnants -- 3. Native revegetation -- 4. Exotic woodland -- 5. Home garden trees -- 6. Street trees -- 7. Larger sites -- 8. Parks of the northern suburbs -- 9. Parks of the central and eastern suburbs -- 10. Parks of the western suburbs -- 11. Parks of the southern suburbs -- 12. Historic homesteads and estates -- 13. Campuses and school grounds -- 14. Cemeteries -- 15. Notable trees -- 16. Auckland's flowering trees -- 17. Climbing and perching plants of the urban forest -- 18. Utilisation of the urban forest -- 19. Tree health -- 20. Life in the urban forest -- 21. Floristic composition: trees from all over the world -- 22. Management of the urban forest.
347 pages : colour illustrations, colour maps ; 26 cm
- Trees in cities--New Zealand--Auckland (General Subject)
- Urban forestry--New Zealand--Auckland (General Subject)
- Parks--New Zealand--Auckland (General Subject)
Auckland's remarkable urban forest
Includes bibliographical references (pages 318-325) and index.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.