- By their fruits you will know them : early Maori leaders in the Mormon Church. Volume 2 / edited by Selwyn Katene
BX8617.N49 BY (Call Number)
This book follows Turning the Hearts of the Children, exploring why so many Maori in the 1880s were inspired to question the mainstream churches and flock to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Mormon church. Once again each chapter is written by direct descendants of a further twelve influential men and women, mostly born in the 19th century, who joined the Mormon Church in Aotearoa New Zealand and became leaders. Selwyn Katene's introduction captures the relevance of these stories in the 21st century.
295 pages : illustrations (some colour), genealogical tables, portraits ; 24 cm
- Mormons--New Zealand--Biography (General Subject)
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Religion (General Subject)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (General Subject)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History (General Subject)
- Korero nehe (Maori Subject)
- Hahi Karaitiana (Maori Subject)
Turning the Hearts of the Children
By their fruits you will know them : early Maori leaders in the Mormon Church. Volume 2
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.