Papers relating to HMNZS Moa and Kiwi
- MS-90-18 (Reference Number)
- 90/18 (Registration Number)
Copies of illustrations, photographs, clippings and other papers relating to the action off Guadalcanal in January 1943 when HMNZS 'Moa' and 'Kiwi' attacked and sunk a Japanese submarine. Includes names and addresses of crew members and autographs of those present at RSA reunion on 7 April 1989.
1 folder (22 leaves)
- Moa (Cruiser) (General Subject)
- World War, 1939-1945 - Naval operations, New Zealand (General Subject)
- World War, 1939-1945 - Campaigns - Solomon Islands - Guadalcanal (General Subject)
- Kiwi (Corvette) (General Subject)
- New Zealand. Royal New Zealand Navy (General Subject)
Harold, Jack Nelson. Papers relating to HMNZS 'Moa' and 'Kiwi'. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS-90/18.
Jack Harold was a member of the crew of the 'Moa'.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.