Memories of a heroine: Hera Puna, widow of the late noted chieftain Hori Ngakapa of the Ngati Whanaunga Tribe.
- 85/31 (Accession Number)
- PD-1985-31 (Reference Number)
C. F. Goldie. 1917 (Signature)
Hera Puna, Ngāti Whanaunga. Costume of European dress, green scarf and sketched indeterminate coloured blouse.
- 255 mm. x 205 mm. (sight)
- 435 mm. x 380 mm. (frame)
Oil on board
- Hera Puna (General Subject)
- Women, Maori--Portraits (General Subject)
- Painting, New Zealand--20th century (General Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Goldie, C. F. (1917) Memories of a heroine: Hera Puna, widow of the late noted chieftain Hori Ngakapa of the Ngāti Whanaunga Tribe. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1985-31.
- Original frame.
- Information gleaned from Roger Blackley 'Goldie' -
- Title from label pasted on back of frame, "Hera Puna".
- Work not listed in C. F. Goldie by Taylor and Glen.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.