Te Hei, Ngatiraukawa
- 51/1.1 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-1 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. Taupo NZ 1907 (Signature)
Te Hei, Ngāti Raukawa.
Costume of korowai (Māori cloak) and hei-tiki (greenstone figural pendant).
- 585 mm. x 490 mm (sight)
- 972 mm. x 872 mm (frame)
Oil on canvas
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Goldie, Charles F. (1907) Te Hei, Ngāti Raukawa. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-1.
- Original frame.
- First shown at Auckland Society of Arts exhibition 1907 with title 'Te Hei, Ngatiraukawa Tribe.' Exhibition price 60 guineas.
- 1947 estate valuation £100.
- See PD-1951-1-4. On display in Maori Court (Painting 8).
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.