Touched by the Hand of Time (Te Hei)
- 51/1.4 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-4 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. Taupo NZ 1907 (Signature)
Te Hei, Ngāti Raukawa.
Costume of korowai (Māori cloak), and hei tiki (greenstone figural pendant).
- 850 mm. x 750 mm. (frame)
- 615 mm. x 510 mm. (sight)
Oil on canvas
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Portraits (General Subject)
- Korowai (Maori Subject)
- Te Hei (General Subject)
- Ngati Raukawa (New Zealand people) (General Subject)
- Hei tiki (Maori Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
Goldie, Charles F. (1907) Touched by the Hand of Time. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-4.
- Original frame.
- Ngāti Raukawa
- First shown at Auckland Society of Arts exhibition 1907 with title 'Touched by the Hand of Time' along with
- a second portrait of Te Hei (see PD-1951-1-1). Exhibition price 60 guineas.
- 1947 estate valuation £100. (inventory item 'Memories' in Blackley p. 193)
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.