A Noble Northern Chief: Atama Paparangi
- 51/1.5 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-5 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. 1912 (Signature)
Atama Paparangi, Te Rarawa.
Costume of korowai (Māori cloak), hei tiki (greenstone figural pendant), one huia feather adorning the hair, and kuru (greenstone ear pendant) in each ear.
- 850 mm. x 750 mm. (frame)
- 760 mm. x 640 mm. (sight)
Oil on canvas
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Goldie, C. F. (1912) A Noble Northern Chief: Atama Paparangi. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-5.
- Original frame.
- See Blackley (1997) pp. 187-88.
- First shown at Auckland Society of Arts exhibition 1912. Price £84. 1947 estate valuation £160.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.