Weary with Years (Te Aho o Te Rangi Wharepu)
- 51/1.16 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-16 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. 1909 (Signature)
Te Aho-o-te-Rangi Wharepu, Ngāti Mahuta.
Costume of korowai (Māori cloak), kuru (greenstone ear pendant) one in each ear.
- 610 mm. x 510 mm. (sight)
- 840 mm. x 740 mm. (frame)
Oil on canvas
- Te Aho O Te Rangi Wharepu (General Subject)
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Portraits (General Subject)
- Korowai (Maori Subject)
- Kuru pounamu (Maori Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Goldie, C. F. (1909) Te Aho o Te Rangi. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-16.
- Original frame.
- First shown at Auckland Society of Arts exhibition 1909 with title 'Weary with Years.' Price £63.
- One of four portraits of Te Aho o Te Rangi by Goldie. see PD-1951-1-15, 17, 18.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.