Te Aho, a noted Waikato Warrior
- 51/1.18 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-18 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. 1902 (Signature)
Te Aho o te Rangi Wharepu, Ngāti Mahuta.
Costume of korowai (Māori cloak), hei tiki (greenstone figural pendant), kuru (greenstone ear pendant) one in each ear.
630 mm. x 540 mm.
Oil on canvas
- Kuru pounamu (Maori Subject)
- Korowai (Maori Subject)
- Hei tiki (Maori Subject)
- Te Aho O Te Rangi Wharepu (General Subject)
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Portraits (General Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
Goldie, C. F. (1902) Te Aho, a Noted Waikato Warrior. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-18.
- Original frame.
- First shown at Auckland Society of Arts exhibition 1905 with title 'Te Aho, a noted Waikato Warrior'. No list price.
- One of four portraits of Te Aho o Te Rangi by Goldie. see PD-1951-1-15 to 17.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.