A Study. (Wiremu Tamehana)
- 51/1.19 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-19 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. (Signature)
Man lighting a pipe in darkness.
610 mm. x 510 mm.
Oil on canvas
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Portraits (General Subject)
- Kai paipa (Maori Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
Goldie, C. F. (n.d.) A Study. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-19.
- Original frame.
- Sitter can be identified with two Goldie portraits of Wiremu Tamehana (Alister Taylor 1977). Alternate titles: 'Hohua: matchlight effect' (October 1920 deposit at Auckland Art Gallery); 'Hohua: A Study'. See Blackley, 1997 p. 122 and 193.
- Title 'A Study.' written in Goldie's hand on the verso of the canvas.
- 1947 valuation £20
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.