Perema Te Pahau
- 51/1.20 (Accession Number)
- PD-1951-1-20 (Reference Number)
C.F. Goldie. 1901 (Signature)
Perema Te Pāhau, Tūhourangi, Ngāti Wāhiao.
Costume of pākē (rain cape), hei tiki (greenstone figural pendant), and kuru (greenstone ear pendant) in one ear.
460 mm. x 410 mm.
Oil on canvas
- Perema Te Pahau (General Subject)
- Maori (New Zealand people)--Portraits (General Subject)
- Hei tiki (Maori Subject)
- Kuru pounamu (Maori Subject)
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Goldie, C. F. (1901) Perema Te Pāhau. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1951-1-20.
- Original frame.
- See Blackley (1997), p. 188.
- Inscribed in pencil on verso: 'Perema te Pahau, The Bone Scrapper, Tuhourangi Tribe.'
- 1947 estate valuation £175
- One of two portraits of Perema Te Pāhau by Goldie. see PD-1951-1-10.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.