Paroa Bay, bay of Islands, New Zealand. "The large tree appears to be the Pohutukawa."
- 95X3/24.6 (Accession Number)
- PD-1957-3-6 (Reference Number)
C H S (Signature)
- 41 x 32 cm
- 48.5 x 38.5 cm (mount)
Watercolour on paper
PD 20 (1-10)
- No Known Copyright Restrictions (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Paroa Bay, bay of Islands, New Zealand. "The large tree appears to be the Pohutukawa.",ca. 1820,PD-1957-3-6
- Charles Hamilton Smith was an English copyist of the works of Augustus Earle, George French Angas and Captain Cook's artists. For biographical information see Dictionary of National Biography. vol 18, p. 432-433.
- After Augustus Earle. See Murray-Oliver, Anthony. Augustus Earle in NZ. 1968. Plate 23. p.76. (NZ Reserve DU 406.1)
- Neg.no. c12,348
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.