View from hill behind Horotuto towards Victoria, Bay of Islands
- 60/6 (Accession Number)
- PD-1960-6-1 (Reference Number)
- 225 mm. X 335 mm
- 235 mm. X 345 mm (mount)
Watercolour on paper
PD 36 (1-3)
- No Known Copyright Restrictions (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
View from hill behind Horotuto towards Victoria, Bay of Islands,ca. 1860,PD-1960-6-1
- Shelf list cards puts the date for the three works [before 1840], Una Platts suggests a date of ca 1860s but they could be earlier.
- Damaged around edges.
- According to Una Platts, Mrs Wood was possibly the wife of S.A. Wood, formerly of Wood's Royal Hotel, in Princes St. Auckland. (The Northern Club now occupies the site.) (19th century NZ artists. p. 259)
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.