[Maori man with striped waistcoat]
PH-1997-2-84 (Reference Number)
PM Box 2 Fol 10
Studio portrait from the waist up. Maori man wearing a light coloured shirt, bold striped waistcoat and a wool coat. He has long mutton chop side burns and short hair with a center parting. The photograph is an oval set on a cream rectangular shaped print. The mount card is plain cardboard with photographers logo and information on verso.
- 88 mm. x 58 mm. (print)
- 104 mm. x 68 mm. (mount)
Batt and Richards (firm)
Wellington, N.Z. (Place of occurrence)
Support: Fibre based paper
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Although no known copyright exists for this item, we ask that you treat it with respect. Please contact us to seek permission to reproduce this image. (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Batt & Richards (ca. 1870) Maori man with striped waistcoat. Auckland War Memorial Museum call no. PH97/2 env10.41
- On verso reads: Batt & Richards Photographers Wellington, N.Z.
- Photographic studio Batt & Richards were in business in Wellington between 1867-1874.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.