Tamati Waka Nene
- PH-CNEG-C22657 (Other Number)
- PH-1989-12-1 (Reference Number)
Cased ambrotype portrait of Nga Puhi chief, Tamati Waka Nene.
- 95 mm. x 80 mm. (case)
- 70 mm. x 55 mm. (image)
Wylie Album 340
- Cultural permissions apply (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Crombie, John Nicol. (ca. 1860) Tamati Waka Nene. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PH-1989-12-1.
- Ngapuhi leader, second son of Tapua of Ngati Hao of Hokianga, younger brother of Patuone and related through his mother Te Kawehau to Hongi Hika. Nene could trace his descent from Rahiri through a number of lines.
- Attributed to Crombie.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.