The Anzac Drama explores some of the impacts and consequences of World War I. Students participate in this immersive experience led by our talented actors.
- Years 5 and 6, maximum 30 students
- $5 per student for a 40 minute programme
- Term 1, 26 Mar–11 Apr, 2018
- Scars on the Heart gallery
- New Zealand Curriculum
- Social sciences: Levels 2–4
Technology: Levels 2–4
The arts (Drama): Levels 2–4
- Related galleries and exhibitions
- World War One Hall of Memories, Scars on the Heart galleries, Pou Kanohi, Pou Maumahara
Explore the consequences of World War I
The drama provides:
- face-to-face encounters with characters based on individual New Zealanders
- an interactive learning opportunity which explores drama elements and conventions.
The Anzac Drama exposes a new generation to the experience of war, and why we must 'let their names be not forgotten'.
This programme is assisted by LEOTC and funded by the Ministry of Education.
Teacher professional development
The Auckland War Memorial Museum offers learning opportunities for teachers around the events of the First World War. Book your staff now on this unique experience.