He Kete Mātauranga: Te Whare me ōna tikanga
Explore the whare tupuna (ancestral house) Hotunui. What are the traditions, treasures and tales that abide within this iconic building?
- Year levels 9-13, maximum 30 students
- $5 per student for a one-hour programme
- Term 4, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 2017
- Curriculum links
- Social Sciences, levels 1 - 4
Technology, levels 1 - 2
- Related galleries and exhibitions
- Te Ao Tūroa (Māori Natural History) gallery, Maori Cultural Performance, Tangata Whenua- The power of portraiture
Explore aspects of Māori culture through painted, carved and woven stories.
Learn a fun haka which will help you remember the parts of the whare.
Discover some of the traditional tools and materials associated with this building
This lesson is part of the He Kete Mātauranga programme, which aims to share the culture, politics and stories of our Māori ancestors.