Pou Maumahara Memorial Discovery Centre
Our Memorial Discovery Centre, Pou Maumahara, is a place for visitors to research and make personal discoveries about New Zealand servicemen and women.
- Year levels 9 - 13, maximum 30 students
- Free but bookings essential
- Terms 1–4, Mon–Fri, 2017, Terms 1–4, Mon–Fri, 2018
- Pou Maumahara
- New Zealand Curriculum
- Social sciences: Levels 4-8
- Related galleries and exhibitions
- World War One Hall of Memories, World War Two Hall of Memories, Scars on the Heart gallery, Pou Kanohi
ENQUIRE NOWWWI RESOURCESWWII RESOURCES
Pou Maumahara is home to Auckland Museum's Online Cenotaph. Visitors can explore the stories behind photos, diaries and military collections and contribute further knowledge and information to create a legacy for future generations.
Hundreds of unique New Zealand war medals are on display, each one connected to an individual story. Explore the stories of these medals and their recipients through digital interactives.
The gallery are staffed by our friendly Research Support and Content Technicians, as well as our very knowledgeable volunteers. Research space is provided for people to plug in laptops, sit down with books and soak up the rich history around them.