You might like to lead your own Museum visit. Select from these online and onsite experiences to investigate a selection of gallery and subjects.
- Ancient Civilisations trail
- Today we are travelling through the Ancient World looking for exciting objects used by people from the past. These amazing objects will teach us a lot about how ancient civilisations lived. Knowing how people lived in the past also helps us understand more about how we live today.
- Last updated on: 23 Mar 2016 | File Size: 1.8 MB
- Ancient Civilisations Treasure Hunt
- Break into teams and use a mobile device to capture and share your experience of Ancient world at Auckland Museum.
- Last updated on: 12 Feb 2015 | File Size: 82 kB
First World War
Second World War
Te Tiriti o te Waitangi
The patterns of Tangaroa
- Download the Kowhaiwhai activity sheet
- This self-guided trail features painted patterns of Tangaroa, God of the Ocean. Recreate and then design your very own kowhaiwhai pattern.
- Last updated on: 23 Mar 2016 | File Size: 1.1 MB
- Download the Whakairo activity sheet
- Tangaroa is represented in all traditional Māori art-forms. In this guided trail, students find and recreate our carved stories of the sea.
- Last updated on: 23 Mar 2016 | File Size: 784 kB
- Download the Volcanoes trail
- New Zealand is a land of volcanoes and earthquakes. Auckland City is built on an active volcanic field where about 50 small basalt volcanoes have erupted over the last 250,000 years. Take this trail to learn more.
- Last updated on: 6 Jul 2016 | File Size: 653 kB