Teacher professional development
The Auckland War Memorial Museum offers learning opportunities for teachers around the events of the First World War. Book your staff now on this unique experience.
This is a professional development opportunity for teachers to connect with Museum staff and collections.
This course will enable teachers to build an effective First World War programme by:
- Connecting to the relevant galleries/ library and discovery centres with a museum educator and make connections to a particular inquiry topic
- Discover what other relevant onsite learning opportunities the Museum provides which you could incorporate into a visit
- See what other unique resources the Museum can provide to support students learning pre and post visit
- Hands on experience with collection material
- Recommendations on reading material and website resources to assist in teacher upskilling around content.
- Learn what to expect when arriving the museum, procedures, policies and facilities.
Who's this for?
This programme is open to primary, intermediate and secondary principals, teachers and support staff. You can book staff from one school or as an individual teacher.
How much does it cost?
This programme is free of charge.
- Thursdays, 4 – 5.30pm during school term time
- First Thursday of every month for individual teachers
- Every other Thursday for group bookings
The First World War professional development programme is hosted at Auckland Museum where we can accommodate up to 25, with a minimumn of 10 for group bookings.
Call the Bookings Office on +64 9 306 7048 or fax on +64 9 306 7080 or contact the Bookings Office.
Please note the Bookings Office is open Monday - Saturday, 8.30am - 5pm. We will endeavour to respond promptly on the next business day should your enquiry be outside of these hours.
No refunds or exchanges on any ticket price or service fee except as required by the Consumer Guarantees Act or under circumstances deemed exceptional by the seller after adequate consultation.