Ipu Moana comprises three two-hour programmes about Pasifika cultural traditions. Choose the option that best suits your curriculum and class interests.
- Year levels 1 - 8, maximum 30 students
- $8 per student for a two-hour session
- Mon-Tues, Term 4 2017 and Term 1 2018
- Pacific Lifeways Gallery and Pacific Masterpieces
- New Zealand Curriculum
- The arts: levels 1 - 4
Social sciences: levels 1 - 4
- Related galleries and exhibitions
- Pacific Lifeways, Masterpieces
Explore Pacific cultural traditions
When the first Pacific peoples risked their lives by crossing from Sunda to Sahul during the last ice age they were entering a new world. In order to survive they had to develop different ways of life. Over thousands of years they developed customs, rituals, languages, technologies and practices that better suited their new environment and resources.
Ipu Moana is the evolutionary embodiment of those cultural traditions which has given rise to the distinct and unique Pacific cultures that we know today.
This programme is assisted by LEOTC and funded by the Ministry of Education.
There are three Ipu Moana topics to choose from.