Much of the material available on this website is subject to copyright. That copyright is either held by the Museum, or by a third party, which has given permission for the material to be reproduced on this website.
Unless clearly stated otherwise, permission to reproduce any material on this website for any purpose must be obtained from the copyright holder concerned.
Learn more about rights and permissions for the content hosted on this site.
Third party material
The Museum is not responsible for the reliability of any third party material and does not make any warranties regarding that material or necessarily endorse the views expressed in it. To the extent permitted by law, the Museum disclaims all liability whatsoever arising from, its publication of, any use of or any reliance on any third party material appearing on this website.
Copyright takedown notice.
Where the copyright in any material belongs to a third party reasonable effort has been taken to identify the copyright owner.
If you are the owner of copyright material which you believe is available on this website in a way that constitutes and infringement of that copyright, or a breach of an agreed license or contract, please notify the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contribution of content
By contributing any material via this website, you are confirming that:
- your contribution is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to grant to the Museum the rights in paragraph (2) and (3) below;
- you grant the Museum a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, license to reproduce, modify or use that material or otherwise exercise any right that any holder of the copyright in that material may hold for the duration of the applicable copyright; and
- the Museum may license that material to any third party under a Creative Commons licence. For information on a Creative Commons licence and its terms, please visit creativecommons.org.
Contributed material must not include material that infringes any intellectual property or privacy rights, breaches any suppression order or any other law, or be purposefully inflammatory.
The Museum has the right to modify or remove user-contributed material at its sole discretion and without notification.
You will receive email newsletters from the Museum if you have expressly signed up for a newsletter. You may unsubscribe to a newsletter service at any time using the unsubscribe link within each email newsletter sent by us.
Use of the Museum logo
The Museum logo must not be placed on an external website, or otherwise used by any external party, without the express approval of the Museum. Please contact us if you would like more information about use of the Auckland Museum logo.
Links to external websites
Links from this website to other web locations are provided for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement or authorisation by the Museum. The Museum is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
Collection and Sharing of Your Information
Auckland Museum (Museum) works together with The Auckland Museum Foundation (Foundation) and the Auckland Museum Institute (Institute). The Foundation is a registered charitable trust, the purpose of which is to raise funds for the benefit of the Museum. The Institute is the membership body of the Museum and organises a programme of lectures, discussions, field trips and other events for the benefit of members.
To get the most from your Museum, we seek your permission to share your information with the Foundation and Institute.
We value the information you provide and want you to know that it is protected by the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1993.
• All personal information you share with the Museum will be held by the Museum, and dealt with according to the Privacy Act 1993. Your records will be kept securely.
• This information is being collected to assist the Museum to coordinate user and donor services.
• With your consent, your personal information may be shared with the Foundation and Institute. It will not be shared with other agencies unless the Museum is required by law to do so.
• Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to ask to see all the information the Museum holds about you and to ask us to correct that information.
Giving your consent
When submitting a form, or making a payment, I agree to my details being used by the Auckland Museum and shared with The Auckland Museum Foundation and Auckland Museum Institute. The information will only be accessed by Museum, Foundation or Institute staff or persons contracted to those organisations. I understand my data will be held securely and will not be distributed to other parties except as required by law. I have a right to change or access my information at any time.
The Museum disclaims and excludes all liability for any claim, loss, demand or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this website or the information, content or materials included on this site or on any website to which it is linked.
© Copyright Auckland Museum Trust Board, Private Bag 92018, Auckland, New Zealand.