Piers Lane playing Scarlatti, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, and Rachmaninov
London-based Australian pianist Piers Lane stands out as an engaging and highly versatile performer, at home equally in solo, chamber, and concerto repertoire.
Five times soloist at the BBC Proms in London’s Royal Albert Hall, Lane’s concerto repertoire exceeds 90 works and has led to engagements with many of the world’s great orchestras.
- Scarlatti - Sonata in B minor L-33
- Sonata in G major L-387 K14
- Bach - Two Preludes and Fugues (Book 1), No 3 in C-Sharp major
- Beethoven - Sonata in F minor Op 57 (‘Appassionata’)
- Chopin - Two Nocturnes: Op 27 No 1 in C-sharp minor
- Op 27 No 2 in D-flat major
- Rachmaninoff - Variations on a Theme of Chopin Op 22
Single tickets per performance: Adults $50, Institute Members $40, Students $30 (with valid student ID).
Bookings recommended. Book at ticket desks, +64 9 306 7048, or online (select 'Book now'). A booking fee of $3 applies to each phone or online transaction. Door sales subject to availability.