LATE 2017: Sing It, Sister - Music & Misogyny
Aotearoa New Zealand has a wonderful heritage of strong female pop, rock and R‘n’B musicians from the Yandall Sisters to Shona Laing to Ladi 6 to Lorde. What have they been up against in order to make it? How have they turned challenge into success? How many more wonderful musicians could New Zealand celebrate if we lead the international industry in challenging misogyny in music?
This LATE will celebrate strong female and non-binary musicians, explore future visions for the music industry and discuss local solutions to global cultures of sexism.
Exhibitions open late
Our current special exhibition Wildlife Photographer of the Year will be open 6pm - 9pm.
Food and drink
Enjoy a delicious hand-crafted menu specially created for LATE by Collective Catering, along with an array of New Zealand wine and beer.
- Walk & fork - pink peppercorn lamb skewers with white bean puree and chorizo oil - $10.00
- Slider - fried eggplant with soy bean hummus and pickled apple served on brioche bun - $7.00
- Pie warmer - braised lamb leg and mushroom pie - $8.00
- Pie warmer - coconut cardamom curry with kohlrabi and leek (v) - $8.00
- LATE signature pizza - prosciutto, roasted sweet potato, thyme and spiced Manuka honey - $16.00
- Salad boxes - roasted pumpkin with green leaves and caramelized fruits (v) - $12.00
Advance tickets $25, Institute Members and Students $20*. Door Sales $30**.
*With valid student ID **Door sales subject to availability
Bookings recommended at ticket desks, +64 9 306 7048 or online. A booking fee of $3 applies to each offsite transaction. Door sales subject to availability.