Pacific Islands Language Week Celebrations
Join us in celebrating the language and culture of six Pacific country nations: Cook Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Fiji, Niue and Tokelau. Take part in our free workshops on traditional and contemporary arts and crafts. Hear community knowledge holders as they share their inspirations and motivations on why and how they are preserving the language and culture of Pacific country nations in Aotearoa NZ.
Artists, practitioners, musicians and traditional healers come together under one roof in Te Oro in Glen Innes to share their knowledge and celebrate Pacific language and culture. During each of the six upcoming Pacific Language Weeks, Te Oro will come alive with the sounds, language, stories, colour and beauty of Pacific islands culture. A free day of cultural celebrations for all!
• Cook Islands Language Week - Saturday 5 August
• Tongan Language Week - Saturday 9 September
• Tuvalu Language Week - Saturday 7 October
• Fiji Language Week - Wednesday 11 October
• Niue Language Week - Saturday 21 October
• Tokelau Language Week - Saturday 4 November
Te Oro Music and Arts Centre, 98 Line Rd, Glen Innes