Voyage to Aotearoa: Tupaia and the Endeavour
What's On at Auckland Museum
Māori Cultural Performance
Collections Online. Explore over 1 million records.
PCAP. Opening the collection for Pacific communities .
Stories. Read our special features, behind the scenes blogs and more.
Education. Book a class visit.
Engaging programmes for all year levels from ECE to Year 12
Browse and contribute to New Zealand's Online Cenotaph
Experience life as a WWI soldier in Pou Kanohi Gallery
Honour and remember New Zealand's servicemen and women.
Auckland Museum has a vision for the future.
Venue hire at Auckland Museum
Our Collection at Auckland Museum holds more than 3 million photographs, dating back to the early days of photography. We are looking to boost our collection of current day photographs, specifically selfies of Aucklanders in Auckland!
We will be selecting up to 1,000 selfies to be immortalised in our collection, which means your photo would be accessible online for generations to come.
A small handful of our favourites will also be selected to appear in our Tāmaki Stories gallery, an exhibition opening next year. Your selfie will sit alongside other photos of Aucklanders from across time.
You have until Oct 31 2019 to submit your selfies. So get snapping!
• The selfie needs to be taken of you, by your own hand (selfie sticks are okay). We’re not looking for timed self portraits from tripods or photos of you taken by others.
• We want to see you and your unique Auckland. Whether it's the Sky Tower or your local fish 'n chip shop, show us a slice of your life and the places that are special to you.
• We’re looking for authentic images, so please don’t over edit them. Filters are okay.
• If you’re including others in the selfie with you, make sure you have their permission before submitting the photo to us.
• Please take care when taking photos. We would hate for you to put yourself or others at risk in pursuit of the perfect selfie.