collection of the Mackelvie Trust Board, Auckland, 1932, (691), on loan to Auckland War Memorial Museum, 1932.233, 18033.31, N2295
Art Union medal : John Gibson 1874
John Gibson R.A. (1789-1866) - a sculptor whose works include monuments to George Stephenson and Sir Robert Peel in Westminster Abbey.
1 January 1874 to 31 December 1874
- JOHN GIBSON R.A. 1789 - 1866 (legend)
- ART UNION OF LONDON 1874 (legend)
- J GIBSON R.A. (medal inscription)
- J.S. WYON SC. (medallist's name)
- 0 - Whole diameter : 55mm
- 0 - Whole depth : 6mm
18 April 1997
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.