Collection of Auckland Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira, W1104
Japanese Model 41, 75 mm quick-firing infantry or mountain gun
This particular gun was used in World War 2.
It was a Japanese license-built copy of the Krupp M.08 mountain gun, and fired high explosive armour piercing ammunition at the rate of 10 rounds per minute at a range of 7800 yards.
World War II
- 41式山砲 - 41 model mountain cannon [howitzer] (engraved)
- 大阪砲兵工廠 - Ōsaka Hōhei Kōshō (engraved)
- 1099 (firearm serial number)
- 昭和十四年?月製 (engraved)
- 大阪工廠 - Ōsaka Kōshō (engraved)
- 0 - Whole width : 1200mm
- 0 - Whole length : 3550mm
- 0 - Whole height : 1250mm
Axle is approximately 70mm in diameter, and is 460mm off the ground.)
- 0 - Whole calibre : 75mm
- 0 - Whole weight (c.) : 544000g
(Weight taken from Wikipedia.)
22 December 2014
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.