- Bitter sweet : indigenous women in the Pacific / edited by Alison Jones, Phyllis Herda & Tamasailau M. Suaalii
HQ1865.6 BIT (Call Number)
1. Images of Maori women in New Zealand postcards after 1900 / Jacqui Sutton Beets
2. In the interests of Maori women?: discourses of reclamation / Te Kawehau Clea Hoskins
3. Education in Western Samoa: reflections on my experiences / Lonise Tanielu
4. Learning sexuality: young Samoan women / AnneMarie Tupuola
5. Gender and work in Fiji : constraints and re-negotiation / Jacqueline Leckie
6. Deconstructing the 'exotic' female beauty of the Pacific Islands / Tamasailau Suaalii
7. Reflecting on the Pacific: representations of the Pacific and Pacific Island women in five dominant cinematic texts / Judith van Trigt
8. Poems / Konai Helu Thaman
9. Reclamation of cultural identity for Maori women: a response to 'prisonisation' / D. Helene Connor
10. Ancient banyans, flying foxes and white ginger: the poetry of Pacific Islands women / Selina Tusitala Marsh.
159 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Bitter sweet : indigenous women in the Pacific
Includes bibliographical references.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.