D745.2 RUA (Call Number)
"Ruapehu" was the code name for the 1st furlough draft of 6000 personnel from the 1st 3 echelons of the 2nd New Zealand Expeditionary Force. The Ruapehu draft left Egypt in the Nieuw Amsterdam on 15 June and arrived in Wellington on 12 July 1943.
Vol.1 no.1(21 Jun 1943) - Vol.1 no.14(10 Jul 1943).
volumes ; 33-43 cm
- New Zealand troopship magazine.
- Housed in NZ troopship magazine box 3.
- Printers : N. Bruning ; G. Boekhout
- Complete series. Included wireless news from the ship's radio.
- Editorial Board : E. H. Halstead ; J. W. Kealy ; M. Walker ; F. Fleming ; K. J. Turner ; S. B. Abel
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.