D745.2 (Call Number)
Souvenir issue, 1945
v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- O.C. Troops Col. H. M. Foster. Ship's Master Capt. J. W. Thomas.
- Editor: Sgt. John Spedding.
- Handwritten on one copy "Empress of Scotland (formerly) named Empress of Japan".
- "As it was impossible to produce this souvenir copy en route, it has been printed in Cairo. It was considered that this issue might be a pleasant souvenir of a unique occasion - the completion of the European war while we were on the high seas ..."
- One copy signed by 459113 Pte M S Butland, E.M.E. 15th reinforcements NZAPO 1500. 21/4 - 17/5/45
- New Zealand troopship magazine.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.