- The battle for Chunuk Bair / Monty Soutar
"The Allied offensive that began on 6 August was part of General Ian Hamilton's plan to seize the Sari Bair range. The second phase of the plan, which involved New Zealand Infantry Brigade, was to have achieved its major objective - capturing the three key high points of Chunuk Bair, Hill Q and Hill 971 (Koja Chemen Tepe) - by dawn on 7 August."--At head of topic page.
1 online resource : colour illustrations
The battle for Chunuk Bair
- Webpage available to view on Auckland War Memorial Museum website (accessed 27/6/2017)
- A topic page by Auckland Museum's WWI Historian in Residence Monty Soutar, published on the Auckland War Memorial Museum website.
- First published Tuesday, 16 February 2016.
- Cover image: Big Table Top. Chunuk Bair can be seen on the skyline. Williams Album (1915). Auckland War Memorial Museum ? Tamaki Paenga Hira. PH-ALB-212-p12-1.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.