condensed discuss document expanded export feedback print share remove reset document_white enquire_white export_white report_white
discuss document export feedback print share gallery-landscape

Australasian Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society : Ovalau and Cakaudrove circuit : annual contributions for the year 1870

Library / Pictorial › publication

Catalogue

  • Catalogue title
    Australasian Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society : Ovalau and Cakaudrove circuit : annual contributions for the year 1870
  • Type
  • Identifiers
    BV3680.F5 AUS  (Call Number)
  • Available in
    Reserve XOS  (Location)
  • Physical description
    2 unnumbered pages [opened as sheet] ; 26 x 38 cm
  • Production
  • Subject
  • Citation
    Australasian Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society : Ovalau and Cakaudrove circuit : annual contributions for the year 1870
  • Notes
    • "The new Wesleyan Church at Levuka, Ovalau, was opened for Divine worship on Sunday, September 11, 1870. This Church has been erected for the accommodation of Europeans, Australians, and Americans residing at or visiting this part of Fiji."--Head of page [2].
    • Credit and debit entries verified and certified by J. Turner, J.C. Smith, O. Cudlip, A. Barrack, J. Morey, J. Nettleton.
    • "Methodist affairs in Fiji were administered by the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society in London until the formation of the Australasian Connexion of the Methodist Church in 1855 when Fiji became a District of the New South Wales Conference of the Australasian Methodist Church. The Fiji District was administered by the Methodist Missionary Society of Australasia situated in Sydney and by the District Chairman whose office was in Bau until 1903 and in Suva after that date. In 1964 the Methodist Church of Fiji achieved independence from its parent body in Australia."--OCLC record.
    • AWMM Library copy has handwritten pencil note [by unknown hand] at head of title: "This is interesting as showing the names of many residents of Fiji in 1890." Shows monetary contributions from each church attendee. Previously folded, with handwritten note on reverse: Ki Nacuru, Kivei Misa Williami kei Misa Witaka.

Object tags

Auckland Museum tags

Visitor tags

Contribute
  • Contribute more detail to this record by adding your own names, classifications or categories via a tag. Tags also make this record more findable on search.

Related items

Other items

    The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.