- MS-1994-12 (Reference Number)
- 94/12 (Registration Number)
A total of eighty-three (83) items arranged into the following three series:
Series A -- Personal papers.
Series B -- Articles and notes.
Series C -- Papers by other than P.L.B. Williams.
Philip Williams's research interests were centered on New Zealand history, Maori history, Church history and the Williams family. The 73 articles and research notes he left, written after his retirement during the 1960s and 1970s, reflected these four areas of interest.
3 transit boxes
- MS 213; MS 335; MS 561; MS 583; MS 742; MS 791; MS 796; MS 813; MS 898; MS 1001; MS 1065-67; MS 1147.
Williams, Philip Leslie Bruce. Papers. Auckland War Memorial Museum Library. MS-1994/12.
- Philip Williams was the son of Arthur Frederick Williams and a great grandson of Henry Williams.
- Articles marked with an asterisk (*) in the inventory are duplicate copies of earlier donations from Philip Williams. [see Associated Material]
- Photographs transferred to Pictorial Department.
- Books incorporated into New Zealand Collection.
- Cartoon by Harry Dansey transferred to Paintings & drawings Collection. [Call No. PD160]
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.