PD-1963-9 (Reference Number)
A collection of 23 insect drawings.
287 x 215 mm
Ink and watercolour
- Acc # 122/48. 13 specimens including types in Entomology collection.
- 3 letters to Johannes Andersen (transferred to Manuscripts).
- Copyright undetermined-Untraced rights holder (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Insect illustrations,ca. 1945,PD-1963-9
- NZ entomologist. Described new species of Blephariceridae (fresh water midges) from Banks Peninsula, specimens including types in AM entomology collection (presented by Campbell, accession number 122/48).
- Most drawings are unsigned. PD276(20) is signed and dated:
- "With regards to old friend Johannes Andersen from JWC. Beachland 24/8/48."
- PD276(21-23) also heavily annotated.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.