Okaihow, NZ. 8th May 1845 (3 O'clock PM)
- 65/19 (loan no.) (Accession Number)
- PD-1879-1 (Reference Number)
J. Williams. 58th Regt (Signature)
215 mm. x 315 mm.
Watercolour on paper
- Cultural permissions apply (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Williams, J. (n.d.) Okaihow, NZ. 8th May 1845 (3 O'clock PM). Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1879-1.
- John Williams was lance-sergeant in the 58th Regt. during war in Bay of Islands.
- Note on verso: By J. Williams, Sergt. 58th Regiment of Battle of Puketutu, near Okaihau.
- See MS-419, Folders 1 and 3, for correspondence relating to the provenance of this painting. The actual site of the battle was believed to have taken place at Taumatatutu, which is several miles from Okaihau.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.