Morrow watercolours and drawings.
- 95X3/35 (Accession Number)
- PD42(1-16) (Reference Number)
Watercolours and drawings by Arthur and Katie Morrow.
Wash on paper
- No Known Copyright Restrictions (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Morrow, A. (n.d.) Morrow watercolours and drawings. Auckland War Memorial Museum call no. PD42(1-16).
- Arthur Morrow was trained as a Royal Marine and was a Colonel of the Volunteers in the Waikato wars. He exhibited his art as the Auckland Society of Arts in 1904. Born Ireland 1842, came to Auckland with family on the Mersey. Married Marianne Buckland, daughter of Alfred Buckland, businessman and owner of Highwic House, Epsom.
- From 'Arthur Morrow V.D. Soldier and Artist' by Shona McFarlane, in Historic Places in New Zealand, March 1984 pp. 13-14.
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.