- 79/4 (Accession Number)
- PD-1979-4-23 (Reference Number)
Incription on verso reads: "shrub".
Watercolour study of a single stem with orange flowers and buds and thin needle-like foliage.
126 mm. x 101 mm.
Watercolour on card
PD 43 (1-17), (18-120)
- Permission to reproduce this image should be sought from Auckland War Memorial Museum and the copyright holder where applicable. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Webster, J. (n.d.) [Botanical illustration]. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1979-4-23
- PD 43 (1-17) and possibly (36) are by George French Angas, based on the originals by John Webster. Webster may have commissioned Angas to rework his originals and six were reproduced in a special limited edition of six copies of Webster's book "The last cruise of the Wanderer", one copy of which was presented to Sir George Grey, now in the Auckland Public Library collection.
- The Webster collection have been acquired by the Museum over a number of years and from different sources. (see provenance note). The original numbering sequence adopted by the Library in accessioning and cataloguing these works have been retained whenever practicable, but some numbers have been re-arranged to accommodate and differentiate the Angas works from those by Webster.(ie PD 43 (1-17) are by Angas; PD 43 (18-120) are by Webster).
- 34 paintings of wildflowers.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.