A scene in Paroa Bay, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. Large pohutukawa tree
- 95X3/24.4 (Accession Number)
- PD-1957-3-4 (Reference Number)
C H S (Signature)
- 41 x 32 cm
- 48.5 x 38.5 cm (mount)
Watercolour on paper
PD 20 (1-10)
- No Known Copyright Restrictions (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
A scene in Paroa Bay, Bay of Islands, New Zealand. Large pohutukawa tree,ca. 1820,PD-1957-3-4
- Charles Hamilton Smith was an English copyist of the works of Augustus Earle, George French Angas and Captain Cook's artists. For biographical information see Dictionary of National Biography. vol 18, p. 432-433.
- After Augustus Earle. See Murray-Oliver, Anthony. Augustus Earle in NZ. 1968. Plate 24. p.78. (NZ Reserve DU 406.1)
- Neg.no. C12,350
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.