View of Mt Egmont and Tongariro from the sea
- 63/54 (Accession Number)
- PD-1963-8-48 (Reference Number)
J.G. Johnson (Signature)
21 x 35 cm
Wash on paper
- Permission to reproduce this image should be sought from Auckland War Memorial Museum and the copyright holder where applicable. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
View of Mt Egmont and Tongariro from the sea,PD-1963-8-48
- There is some doubt over whether all the works listed as by John Johnson (Colonial Surgeon) are by him or by his son, John Grant Johnson. [see PD 19] The original attribution appears to have been based on the work of Jeanne Goulding who dismounted the works from their original mounts and remounted them in 1963. Until certainty is established, Jeanne Goulding's attribution has been followed.
- In some cases, works have been dismounted from Jeanne Goulding's remounting, and the note "In same mount as ... " on the shelf list card no longer applies.
- On verso: Sketch plan of unknown property with numerical workings.
- Evidence of repair work on left and right bottom corner.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.