[An engagement at Te Ranga]
- 40/7 (Accession Number)
- PD-1940-1-7 (Reference Number)
185 mm. x 135 mm.
Watercolour and gum arabic on paper
- For cultural reasons, copying or reproducing this item requires specific permission. Please contact us for more information. (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Von Tempsky, G. (n.d.) [An engagement at Te Ranga]. Auckland War Memorial Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira. PD-1940-1-7.
- Note on shelf list card: "Depicts an incident which happened to Cpl J. Byrne, V.C., 68th Light Infantry, at Te Ranga, even though the soldier is wearing the cap badge of the 43rd L.I." Letter from L.L. Barton. NSW.
- Waikato Art Museum used the supplied title [The last scene at Orakau] or [Scene at the pits, Te Ranga]. Shelf list card had supplied title [An engagement at Te Ranga. Detachment of the 43rd, 68th Regiments, and Ist Regiment, Waikato Militia...], with note stating that title was from printed label on back [since lost].
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.