Galloway Redoubt, Wairoa, an advance post in Native War held by detachments 2nd Battn, 18th Royal Irish, 65th Regts and Rifle Volunteers, 1863
- 95X3/35.1 (Accession Number)
- PD42(1) (Reference Number)
A.M. Lt.Col. (Signature)
- 150 mm. x 255 mm. (image)
- 290 mm. x 390 mm. (paper)
Wash on paper
- Cultural permissions apply (Copyright)
- Access by appointment (Access Notes)
Morrow, A. (1863) Galloway Redoubt, Wairoa, an advance post in Native War held by detachments 2nd Battn, 18th Royal Irish, 65th Regts and Rifle. Auckland War Memorial Museum call no. PD42(1).
- Morrow was trained as a Royal Marine and was a Colonel of the Volunteers in the Waikato wars. He exhibited his art as the Auckland Society of Arts in 1904.
- Notes on margin below painting as follows: "Bridge over Wairoa River; Landing from river; Thorpe's house; From a drawing by Lieut Colonel Morrow. Staff R."
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.