Gate Pah [sic]
PH-ALB-91-p15-2 (Reference Number)
The British redoubt on the site of Gate Pa. Mounted soldiers in foreground.
101 mm. x 192 mm (image and support)
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
Gate Pah [sic],Unknown, photographer,PH-ALB-91-p15-2
- Cowan (1922) included a small albumen print of the photograph in his New Zealand Wars volume 1 page 415 (given to Auckland Museum) with the following attribution, "Gate Pa Redoubt 1865 old photo G.R (G. Robley)."
- Robley also painted the Redoubt built on the site of Gate Pa, (Te Papa: 1992-0035-827).
- Gate Pa Redoubt in 1865, after reconstruction by soldiers of the 68th Durham Light Infantry.
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.