[Lunar Landscape Prior to Present, Form of Lunar Crates]
PH-1984-1-LS78-2-38 (Reference Number)
C Box 11
Image depicting surface of the moon. Details of craters and ridges. Red/orange cellophane placed between glass slides, giving image an orange tint.
- 49mm x 60mm(image)
- 83mm x 83mm (support)
- No known copyright restrictions (Copyright)
- Digital copy available (Access Notes)
[Lunar Landscape Prior to Present, Form of Lunar Crates],Wragge, Clement Lindley, 1852-1922, photographer,1890-1922,PH-1984-1-LS78-2-38
- 50m in dia:
- No organic life because no water.'
- Handwritten in black ink on white tape on left side of plate, with basic drawings outlining features of craters 'Autolycus'
- Handwritten in black ink at the top of the plate 'Millions of years since lunar
- Handwritten in black ink on white tape at the bottom of the plate '(Landseips)
- 'Valley of ...
- craters consolidated into
- present form.
- over 80m long.'
- 3 1/2 to 6m...
- 11,5000 ft deep [?]
Images and documents
The development of the Auckland War Memorial Museum online collection is an ongoing process; updates, new images and records are added weekly. In some cases, records have yet to be confirmed by Museum staff, and there could be mistakes or omissions in the information provided.